Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hayao Miyazaki

Howl's Moving Castle

Sprited Away

My Neighbor Totoro


Hayao Miyazaki

Although Miyazaki is known as a well known animator and film director, I just wanted to point out his excellence in artistic technique and skills as an illustrator. If anybody were to watch one of his many animation films, they would agree that each cut serves as a "high-quality" illustration, taking note of his use of color, character design, and concept/narrative of each piece. One of my favorite films of Miyazaki's is Kiki's Delivery Service (unfortunately not shown here due to lack of high quality image format) because of his pure use of character and style in technique but also mainly because I'm interested in food illustration that that is why it caught my attention (the setting is in a bakery). His animation films are always a joy to watch and never gets "old" every time I watch his films I learn something new as an artist and illustrator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment