Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Herve Tullet




The best children’s books are the ones that parents love to read to their kids, don’t you think? No matter what time of day or how many chores seem to be in the way, there are a few books that beg you to take a break and put an instant smile on your face. Those are exactly the kind of books that Hervé Tullet makes. Just watch:
Q: Where do you work best?
A: I’m always thinking and finding new ideas, so I can work everywhere; I just need a pen and a notebook.
Q: Your text is always so casual and friendly! How many languages do you speak?
A: I try to speak English, but I’m still learning. With my books, I can “talk” everywhere, from Korea to Italy and Russia. There have been times when I’ve spoken directly to children in other countries without any help from a translator. Amazing, I tell you!
Q: I’ve seen adults play along with Press Here with pure joy, and The Coloring Bookeasily draws in such a wide range of ages. How do you make your art so identifiable and fun to both young and old? It is such a trick!
A: Books need to be shared by everyone. All ages. There is not a specific world for just children, with lovely little stuff filling it, so the best book idea for me is the one where everyone can play together.


No comments:

Post a Comment