Thursday, May 3, 2012

Peter Sis






Peter Sis

As everybody should know, these are a couple children's book illustrations by Peter Sis. The reason why I wanted to share his illustrations particularly is because his use of style and application of visual components gave me a huge influence into the style of illustration that I am working on today. What I appreciate the most about his works are his method of mass space compared to the attention of detail; as you can see in the second illustration from The Conference of the Birds Peter creates this great mass of color and shape of the birds in his composition while taking careful note of each individual bird. Peter's great attention to meticulous detail creates a sense of depth and interest to the viewer from a far point of view as well as a close up view. 


** I don't know how many artists that I posted, but I just wanted to share a few more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment